Thursday, January 31, 2008

RSS Feeds from the 17th century

I'm a convert to RSS feeds - love them - and have had a bloglines account for a little while now. I think there's some great opportunities there for us and will blog later about some library applications.
For this course I had a look at my subscriptions and will be adding and subtracting some feeds.
In doing so, I found this gem:
You can get a daily - or monthly summary - of Samuel Pepys diary via RSS. http://www.pepysdiary.com/
From the latest entry I've received from this week in 1664/65, a quote that reminds us that there's nothing new under the sun:

"Up and to my office where all the morning, putting papers to rights which now grow upon my hands..."

And so to work.

1 comment:

Mylee said...

The Samuel Pepys diary is a great example - we could do something similar from some of the historical diaries / manuscripts we hold in our collection ... it might catch public interest in the same way the letters of the soldier in WWI have http://www.wwar1.blogspot.com/